Salary: Up to £20,000 DOE
Full Training & Immediate Start
The Company: BIG offer a full range of key insurance products for households that are some of the most comprehensive and competitive on the market. We are one of the fastest growing providers of these services within the sector and supply thousands of consumers with a high quality service every day.
The Role: The primary purpose of this role is to provide direction to the business for all Compliance and Regulatory issues in relation to dealing with customer satisfaction, reporting to regulators, creating and updating procedures and processes as well as monitoring of calls throughout all teams.
The role must be focused on making compliance an essential and usable tool, which is advantageous to the business. The Compliance Officer must work in a highly collaborative manner, ensuring that everyone is fully aware of all regulatory developments impacting the business. You will be responsible for:
- Effective, transparent and open communication across all areas of the business.
- Identifying all relevant Rules and Principles that apply to the business.
- Identifying any potential or pending changes to the regulatory environment, understanding the impact of those changes, and ensuring that the business will meet them.
- Monitoring and testing regularly all areas of the business.
- Identifying and correcting any material compliance risk.
- Ensuring that the business detects, resists and reports any attempt to use it for the purposes of crime; including ensuring that all relevant SARs are reported to SOCA.
- Advocating a best practice approach to TCF and providing accurate MI in support.
- Ensuring that all complaints are handled promptly and fairly and providing accurate MI and RCA.
- Auditing a set number of sales, customer service and claim handling calls against the call monitoring procedure and providing feedback on the outcomes of those audits to Team Leaders.
- Providing detailed MI in relation to those call monitoring audits.
- Advocating a best practice approach to TCF
Your Experience & Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Skill to present findings and recommendations in a logical and compelling way, getting agreement to change where required.
- Capacity to negotiate where appropriate.
- A methodological approach and attention to detail, ability to look through the obvious and spot the anomaly.
- Ability to allocate Compliance resource in a sensible way.
- Faculty to collate findings and recommendations into a convincing, concise and coherent report.
- Aptitude to approach challenges from a different direction, find other routes to a solution.
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory remit and industry best practice.
- Working knowledge of FCA & ICO requirements.
- Willingness to undertake training as necessary and be proactive in undertaking any relevant training courses.
- Good PC skills, including Word & Excel
- CII IF1 & 2 exams would be extremely beneficial
40 Hours per week
Up to 6 Weeks off Paid
Up to £20,000 DOE
Professional Development Plans
Discount Travel Scheme
Company Nights Out
Mobile Phone Insurance
High Street & Supermarket Discounts
& A Great Deal More!
Tea, Coffee and breakfast on Fridays
Eye tests & Glasses