Compliance Officer – Bournemouth Town Centre
Salary £15-17k DOE
BIG offer a full range of key insurance and maintenance products for households that are some of the most comprehensive and competitive on the market. We are one of the fastest growing providers of these services within the sector and supply thousands of consumers with a high-quality service every day.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide direction to the business for all compliance and regulatory issues in relation to the monitoring of calls. As a Compliance Officer you will be focused on making compliance an essential and usable tool, which is advantageous to the business.
It is the Compliance Officers responsibility to make sure that we have, transparent and open communication across all areas of the business. Their everyday duties include:
– Identifying any potential or pending changes to the regulatory environment, understanding the impact of those changes, and ensuring that the business will meet them.
– Monitoring and testing regularly all areas of the business so that the company is not put at risk of censure by the regulator.
– Identifying and correcting any material compliance risk.
– Ensuring that the business detects, resists and reports any attempt to use it for the purposes of crime; including ensuring that all relevant SARs are reported to SOCA.
– Advocating a best practice approach to TCF and providing accurate MI in support.
– Auditing a set number of sales calls against the call monitoring procedure and providing feedback on the outcomes of those audits to Team Leaders.
– Recording findings and recommendations into a convincing, concise and coherent report.
In order to succeed you will need to possess good interpersonal and communication skills in order to present findings and recommendations in a logical and compelling way. You must be able to listen effectively to calls and be a highly organised individual with the ability to look through the obvious and spot the anomaly. You will be required to write concise reports on your findings, therefore, good written and presentation skills are a must. To work in this role you must be flexible and capable of using your initiative to find solutions to problems. The use of computers is central to this role, therefore, possessing good computer skills, including the use of Word and Excel is also essential. In order to succeed as a Compliance Officer you will require a working knowledge of FCA and ICO requirements. You must also be willing to undertake training where necessary.
– Up to £17,000 DOE
– Professional Development Plans
– Local shop discount card including discounted drinks and queue jumps
– Discount travel scheme
– Social environment with paid company nights out and events
– Free tea & coffee