4 Weeks Holiday
Salary: £18,000-23,000 DOE
Location: Bournemouth Town Centre
BIG offer a full range of key insurance and maintenance products for households that are some of the most comprehensive and competitive on the market. We are one of the fastest growing providers of these services within the sector and supply thousands of consumers with a high quality service every day.
You will be speaking to current customers about problems and claims for their insured items, you will need to utilise analytical techniques in resolving and approving claims and service requests. You will also need to observe regulations to ensure compliance whilst treating our customers fairly. Typical duties include:
- Providing advice on making a claim/request and the process;
- Collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim/service;
- Analysing a claim made by a customer;
- Contacting trades people from a network of approved professionals and arranging for them to make repairs on the customers property;
- Monitoring the progress of a claim/service;
- Investigating potentially fraudulent customers;
- Ensuring fair settlement of a valid claims/service;
- Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines;
- Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company
Experience: Previous customer service experience is a must; product knowledge of TV/white goods/boilers/satellite/mobile phone equipment would be useful but not essential, as would property repairs. Any claims handling experience in general insurance would be extremely beneficial.
Training: You will receive a high level of training on our products, claims systems and customer service levels. You will receive ongoing support throughout your time with us in your role; the majority of your training will be ‘on the job’ and learning from external sources that you can make use from. There is an excellent opportunities for career progression in this fast growing firm.
40 Hours per week
Some weekend work will be required (around 1 Saturday a month)
Up to 6 Weeks off Paid
Recommend A Friend Bonus
- Professional Development Plans & Fast Progression
- Local Shop Discount Card Including Discounted Drinks and Queue Jump
- Employee Recognition
- Discount Travel Scheme
- Vending Machines
- Company Nights Out
- Regular Outings
Tea & Coffee
Eye tests & Glasses
When you become a cherished claims advisor, you become a detective. This role allows your inquisitive side to thrive and encourages you to follow your instincts to investigate claims. No two claims are the same so you will always have something new to sink your teeth into. On top of this you will strengthen your communication skills and gain useful life skills such as how to conduct advanced conversation management, time management skills and specific courses with our in-house training manager.